The first ever 5K funrun for UM’s irst ever active event for all those who love the Hurricanes!
Miami 5k 2018
The inaugural Edna C. Shalala 5K gives all Miami Hurricanes fans, supporters and alumni a once in a lifetime opportunity to participate in a unique health and wellness event that goes around and through athletic facilities and the beautiful University of Miami campus. Start and finish at the BankUnited Center, home of Miami Hurricanes Basketball, run or walk through Baseball’s legendary Mark Light Field, past the Greentree Football Practice Fields, in Soccer’s Cobb Stadium, then alongside the Hecht Athletic Center, brand new Schwartz Center for Academic Excellence & the Neil Schiff Tennis Center! The race route also traverses past exciting campus landmarks including the Richter Library, Lake Oscelola and the stunning new Student Activities Center.
Get ready for a game day atmosphere with head coaches, spirit squads, the band and mascot all in attendance to cheer you toward the finish line! Timed 5K perfect for runners & walkers with an awesome post-race tailgate in the Fieldhouse right before the women’s basketball game against Coppin State.
Packet pick up will start on Friday, Dec. 12, at FootWorks right by campus (5724 Sunset Dr., 33143) from 3 p.m.-7 p.m. where you can pick up your race bib, shirt, tickets and other free swag!
Packet pick up will continue on Saturday, Dec. 13, at 8 a.m. in the Fieldhouse connected to the BankUnited Center. You will need to bring a government issued form of ID to pick up your packet. Friends can pick up other packets as long as they have a picture or copy of the participant’s ID.
ALL PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- Unique 5K experience in and around the Coral Gables campus and UM athletic facilities with the feel of a Hurricanes game day
- Technical race t-shirt
- Impressive “U5K” race medal upon finishing
- Entry to post-race tailgate with free food and drinks
- One complimentary season ticket to all remaining 2014-15 women’s basketball home games
- Complimentary admission (with race bib) into the Hurricanes women’s basketball game against Coppin State at the Bank United Center at 1 p.m. following the race
- Halftime recognition of all race participants at the women’s basketball game against Coppin State
- A portion of race proceeds will be donated to the Edna C. Shalala Foundation to honor President Shalala’s mother and the University’s continued tradition of excellence in women’s sports